Tuesday, June 17, 2014

First peach of the season

I just got back from a quick trip to North Carolina to help my daughter drive back to Michigan for the summer. I flew down Friday evening and we drove back on Sunday (13 hours).

But I had one day in Raleigh and we packed in a lot. First a flea market where I bought a bag of the freshest salt-water-taffy I have ever eaten (and with the exception of a couple pieces shared with others, I ate it all!). I also bought a Vera Bradley cover for my phone and for Tom's Father's Day present, a watercolor painting from the 1980's of a mid-century modern building with a certificate of provenance taped to the back.

After the flea market we went to the farmers market and I bought some peaches with the idea that I would bring them home and make a small pie similar to this picture - but they were so good, and tasted so much like actual peaches - I ate all of those too.

We went to a place for lunch where we could have chicken and waffles - and that was delicious.  After that we went to the History Museum - and after that I was ready to rest for a bit.

We're home now and back to being busy with summer projects, not the least of which is making preliminary plans for my daughter's wedding, which will take place a year from now. It should be a fun summer - it's almost time for the summer solstice - the longest day of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment